Established in 2001, Commerce Decisions (a N. Harris Computer Corporation Company) is seeking a Financial Controller to work closely with the Group VP Finance and the Senior Management Team in providing financial support and analysis for the division. Title and job responsibilities are dependent on experience.
The expected responsibilities of this role are as follows, but are likely to develop over time to suit the needs of the business and broader company:
- Understanding the divisional operations and how they drive financial results.
- Review and analyse monthly results and prepare regular, detailed reporting to senior management.
- Undertaking contract review and preparing revenue recognition analysis and schedules in accordance with IFRS.
- Providing support to the divisional EVP’s and VP’s as needed.
- Responsibility for the annual statutory audits and all other statutory filings in a business unit which operates globally and has entities in Australia and Canada: working with advisors, responsibility for all international tax related matters e.g. Canadian WHT, Treaty Based Tax Returns, P11D, PSA etc.
- Lead the process of internal and external audit, including interaction with auditors.
- Preparing information requests and responding to questions during quarterly reviews and the annual consolidated audit.
- Responsible for the accuracy, completeness, and timely completion of the monthly financial statements.
- Manage and develop accounting staff.
- Leading the process of forecasting and assisting with forecasting of net revenues and operating expenses. Ensuring the end to end process of forecasting is successfully managed with the Senior Management Team.
- Assisting and advising to divisional work-in-process and accounts receivable including oversight of the collections process.
- Ensure that established control procedures are in place and identify control risks.
- Assistance in integrating any new acquisitions into the finance group.
- Special projects and ad hoc reporting as required, including conducting due diligence for potential new acquisitions.
- Play a key role in internal processes such as bonus planning, payroll and other remuneration.
A competitive salary, private health insurance, 25 days’ leave per annum (increasing over time) and participation in a company bonus plan are offered. The company offers an excellent benefits package, including access to a range of benefits provided by our parent company, N. Harris Computer Corporation. Whilst all staff are expected to focus on providing the highest levels of professionalism and adopt a flexible, can-do attitude, we also have a culture of having fun and place importance on work-life balance.
Commerce Decisions, part of N. Harris Computer Corporation, provides specialist procurement software – AWARD® and ADVANCE™ – to clients involved in strategic procurement programmes. Our SaaS solutions and consultancy services span the lifecycle of the procurement process from development of a procurement strategy, through specification of the requirement and design of the scoring mechanism, to the evaluation itself and the subsequent analysis and reporting. Commerce Decisions is an acknowledged leader in the application of best practice evaluation and procurement techniques for government and private sector clients involved in strategic procurement, as well as in the deployment of the AWARD® and ADVANCE™ solutions. We have an enviable client base across a wide spectrum of industries including transport, defence, infrastructure, telecoms, health and education.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com