Established in 2001, Commerce Decisions (a N. Harris Computer Corporation Company) is seeking a motivated and customer- focused IT Systems Administrator to join its growing team, based in first-class accommodation at Milton Park in Oxfordshire. Working closely with our Development and IT Operations teams, the successful candidate will be passionate about providing first-class support to our clients and internal stakeholders, as well as driving improvements to our current IT infrastructure, including internal and external facing hosted infrastructures across multiple geographies. This role is critical to the future of the company and will play a big part in moving the business forward in helping to plan and proactively improving our tools and offerings.
We are looking for someone with a desire to learn and grow in terms of IT and product knowledge, and in terms of our associated consultancy and service offerings. Close collaboration across our business is key to maintaining strong links and a ‘joined-up’ approach between our sales, development and service operations.
- Responsibility for our hosted service & application infrastructure, supporting our client and internal facing hosted systems across multiple geographies.
- Performing IT operations and maintenance in accordance to approved procedures and standards, including security auditing and patching.
- Supporting the implementation of programs and procedures that ensure the safety of our data/information and safety in the Information Technology operations.
- Executing and supporting local installations of our products, AWARD® and ADVANCE™
- Identifying operational IT problems and seeking resolutions without impacting the end users
- Keeping abreast of developments in industry regarding IT operations and maintenance
- Work alongside the development and support teams to become an expert in the use and support of the AWARD® and ADVANCE™ products, working towards becoming the ultimate point of technical escalation.
- Internal Helpdesk support (low volume)
- Flexibility to perform other duties, as and when required, to ensure the smooth running of the organisation and to meet the needs of the business.
Professional Skills & Abilities:
- Experience of running and maintaining MS Windows® environments.
- Experience of hosted services, remote operation and supporting web hosted SAAS
- Experience of Microsoft Office 365 deployment/administration and Azure Active Directory
- Virtualisation experience
- Experience of Cloud Hosting Providers, e.g. Microsoft Azure, AWS, Oracle OCI
- Experience of Linux Server OS, Oracle Linux preferred.
- Experience of Veeam Backup & Replication
- Working knowledge of SQL, Apache, scripting & remote monitoring tools
- Proven track record of administering SAN storage appliances, ideally HP MSA devices
- Experience implementing fixes to CVEs (common vulnerabilities and exposures) across a broad portfolio of products and applications
- Experience with administering Active Directory NPS
- Desire to research and learn new technologies, and implement them where appropriate
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, learn and teach within a team of mixed skill levels
- Existing or eligibility for SC clearance
- Ability to travel
- Knowledge of ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essential Plus standards
- Cisco Networking, Switches/Firewall/Access Points up to Layer 3
- Office 365 Mobile Device Management
- Fortigate OS
Applications currently in use:
- Microsoft Office 365
- Windows Server, 2012 – 2019
- Oracle Linux 8
A competitive salary, private health insurance, 25 days’ leave per annum (increasing over time) and participation in a company bonus plan are offered. The company offers an excellent benefits package, including access to a range of benefits provided by our parent company, N. Harris Computer Corporation. Whilst all staff are expected to focus on providing the highest levels of professionalism and adopt a flexible, can-do attitude, we also have a culture of having fun and place importance on work-life balance.
Commerce Decisions, part of N. Harris Computer Corporation, provides specialist procurement software – AWARD® and ADVANCE™ – to clients involved in strategic procurement programmes. Our SaaS solutions and Consultancy services span the lifecycle of the procurement process from development of a procurement strategy, through specification of the requirement and design of the scoring mechanism, to the evaluation itself and the subsequent analysis and reporting. Commerce Decisions is an acknowledged leader in the application of best practice evaluation and procurement techniques for government and private sector clients involved in strategic procurement, as well as in the deployment of the AWARD® and ADVANCE™ software. We have an enviable client base across a wide spectrum of industries including transport, defence, infrastructure, telecoms, health and education.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org