While most of our work is in Canberra, Australia, there may be occasional need to travel to other centres such as Sydney and Melbourne. Occasional international travel may also be required. Remote working is entirely possible and encouraged wherever practical.
Commerce Decisions Ltd is seeking a motivated and customer-orientated Procurement Consultant to join our team. Working within our Consultancy team, the successful candidate will drive growth through flawless delivery and have a passion for business success. This is an opportunity to bring your character and natural consulting skills to bear in delivering exceptional value to our clients, to establish Commerce Decisions as an unparalleled partner in strategic procurement.
As Commerce Decisions continues to grow and approach new Commercial and International markets, there is a key role for our Consultancy team to play in establishing, maintaining and cultivating relationships and maximising our market presence across Australia and beyond into the wider Pacific region.
We are seeking a highly professional consultant with a technical background in software-led consultancy, preferably within public sector procurement environments, who is intelligent, highly articulate, and most importantly motivated to develop our capabilities and our business to support growth.
Our teams, spanning Australia, the UK and Canada, are dedicated to forming and maintaining long-term relationships with prospective and existing clients. The successful candidate will have proven experience in, delivering high-level, software-led consultancy in client environments where large and complex procurements are the strategic priority.
Some of the specific skills and characteristics we are seeking in the successful candidate include:
- Develop and maintain an excellent working knowledge of the AWARD® software and an understanding of how to best deploy and use AWARD® to meet the needs of our clients
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of procurement law and best practice around the sourcing and selection of suppliers, and planning and execution of supplier evaluations
- Attend client sites (including occasional international travel) to undertake AWARD® configuration, provide training and support clients in the use of AWARD® during their procurements and provide advice on how clients should be undertaking the sourcing and evaluation of potential suppliers
- Liaise closely with the relevant Sales Account Manager (s) to win and develop business within the project and keep them informed on the status of current work
- Contribute to the development of the Consultancy team by mentoring and developing other staff and by feeding back experience and lessons learned to the team
- Make a point of adding to the Services Delivery Framework, based on your existing and ongoing experience
- Maintain excellent working relationships with clients and lead consultancy engagements ensuring we:
- deliver effective and timely support to our clients
- deliver value for money to our clients
- control risk and escalate risks where appropriate
- Ensure our peer review and other quality assurance policies are adhered to at all times.
A small selection of the specific activities you are likely to be involved in include:
- Work with our clients to deliver professional advice on supplier selection best practices
- Assist our clients to undertake AWARD® configuration and provide software training or seminars
- Work as the lead consultant, where required; managing engagements, ensuring we deliver effective and timely support, as well as value for money to our clients – while controlling and escalating risks appropriately
- Play an active role in the process of quality management and peer reviews, operating within our policies and guidance
- Work closely with our sales team at all levels, to position, develop and win new business – both organically within existing projects, and as required in developing propositions for new clients and markets
- Work with our sales, product support and wider consulting teams to ensure we are providing a coherent, proactive, and flexible service to our customers.
This is a role requiring technical expertise, resilience, a naturally influential style, with tenacity, and the ability to work in challenging client environments. Full training and shadow opportunities with our AWARD® software will be provided.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of supplier evaluation in the procurement industry, in particular, experience in Australian Government procurement and contracting would be advantageous
- Experience of managing client relationships and leading consultancy engagements
- Exceptional interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Strong mathematical, analytical, problem-solving skills, and an ability to think logically
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, in an organised manner and be self-motivated with a flexible can-do approach
- Excellent time and scope management experience
- Experience of using standard MS Office applications (particularly Word and Excel) and ideally some experience developing Excel templates or reports, and using basic HTML and macros on occasion.
Because of the nature of some of our clients, holding or being able to gain and maintain a baseline security clearance is a mandatory requirement for this role. Candidates that hold or have the ability to gain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 would be desirable.
A competitive salary, and participation in a company bonus plan are offered. Whilst all staff are expected to focus on providing the highest levels of professionalism and adopt a flexible, can-do attitude, we also have a culture of having fun and place importance on work-life balance.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please email a cover letter (two page limit) providing concise examples of your experience, skills, and attributes that meet the requirements of this position.
Please email a cover letter with your cv to: firstname.lastname@example.org