Quality Assurance Specialist
Established in 2001, Commerce Decisions is seeking a motivated and customer-orientated Quality Assurance Specialist to join its team and take responsibility for the execution and overall management of its Quality Assurance function.
Commerce Decisions develop and deliver our AWARD® and ADVANCE™ applications primarily as web-based Software-As-A-Service offerings; the Quality Assurance role is critical in ensuring that each product release is a success through a testing strategy that implements continuous testing and improvement.
Reporting to the Director & VP Technology and working closely with our Development Team, the successful candidate will have a proven track record of implementing an end-to-end product lifecycle testing strategy, encompassing hands on and automated testing, as well as coordinating with the Development Manager, Technical Author/QA Specialist and Customer Experience team for additional test capacity and user acceptance testing.
While the role will primarily focus on Commerce Decisions’ software offering, we are a relatively small team, and it is everyone’s job to make the wider business work effectively. The successful candidate will be someone who will step-up to help the team and the business, while pro-actively delivering business goals with the highest level of quality and professionalism, and adopting a flexible, hands-on attitude.
Some of the specific skills we are seeking in the successful candidate include:
- Experience testing against REST APIs
- Creation and maintenance of Cucumber BDD feature files with Java step definitions, which are executed as part of an automated test cycle
- Familiarity with the Selenium test library, and its use within Java tests
- Knowledge of the Serenity BDD test framework is desirable but not essential
- Prior exposure to Docker and Kubernetes is desirable but not essential
- Maintain and execute legacy test scripts written in UFT (Unified Functional Testing) from HP.
- Working knowledge with the Git and SVN version control systems
- Interactively test new AWARD and ADVANCE functionality, reporting bugs in the fault tracking application (Jira) and re-testing as needed
- Produce test cases for new functionality, automating as required
- Creation and maintenance of documentation on our wiki pages
- Prior experience of agile methodology, with experience in a continuous delivery environment being beneficial
- Attend and contribute to development sprint planning meetings, estimation sessions, and retrospectives
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- The successful candidate may be required to undergo SC clearance
Personal characteristics of the successful candidate will include:
- A proactive approach to ensuring tasks assigned are completed to a high standard
- High levels of professionalism and the willingness to engage with internal and external stakeholders
- A passion for supporting others to maximise their own effectiveness and ability to improve their own processes and organisational success
- A desire to learn and grow both in terms of IT and product knowledge, and in terms of our associated Consultancy and Services offerings
- Close collaboration across our business to build and maintain bridges between our sales, development, and services operations.
- A passion for following emerging technologies and approaches, especially in specific areas of expertise
Overall, we are seeking a candidate who is highly experienced in software testing and working directly alongside and engaging with the development team in a very hands-on role.
A competitive salary, private health insurance, 25 days leave per annum and participation in a company bonus plan are offered. The company offers an excellent benefits package, including access to the benefits provided by our parent company, Harris Computers Ltd. Whilst all staff are expected to focus on providing the highest levels of professionalism and adopt a flexible, can-do attitude, we also have a culture of having fun and place importance on work-life balance. Find out more about working at Commerce Decisions here.
Commerce Decisions provides specialist procurement software – AWARD® – to clients involved in strategic procurement programmes. Our solutions and services span the lifecycle of the procurement process from development of a procurement strategy, through specification of the requirement and design of the scoring mechanism, to the evaluation itself and the subsequent analysis and reporting. Commerce Decisions is an acknowledged leader in the application of best practice evaluation and procurement techniques for government and private sector clients involved in strategic procurement, as well as in the deployment of the AWARD software. We have an enviable client base across a wide spectrum of industries including transport, defence, infrastructure, telecoms, health and education.