Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Established in 2001, Commerce Decisions (a QinetiQ company) is seeking a motivated and customer-orientated Quality Assurance Specialist to join its team and take responsibility for the execution and overall management of its Quality Assurance function.
Commerce Decisions develops and delivers our AWARD® and ADVANCE™ applications, primarily as web-based Software-As-A-Service offering; the Quality Assurance role is critical in ensuring that each product release is a success through a testing strategy that implements continuous testing and improvement.
Reporting to the Development Manager and working closely with our small Development Team and Product Manager, the successful candidate will have a proven track record of implementing an end-to-end product lifecycle testing strategy encompassing hands on and automated testing as well as coordinating with the Product Manager, Technical Author/QA Specialist and Help Desk team for additional test capacity and user acceptance testing.
While the role will primarily focus on development of Commerce Decisions software offering, we are a relatively small team, and it’s everyone’s job to make the office and the wider business work effectively. The successful candidate will be someone who will step-up to help the team and the business, while pro-actively delivering business goals with the highest level of quality and professionalism, and adopting a flexible, hands on attitude.
Some of the specific skills we are seeking in the successful candidate include:
- Maintain, execute and add to the automated “confidence tests” to ensure integrity of our applications against daily builds of latest code
- Maintain test scripts written in UFT (Unified Functional Testing) from HP.
- Knowledge of alternative testing tools, such as Selenium and Cucumber, is desirable but not essential
- Experience with writing automated testing scripts
- Configuration-manage confidence tests for execution on patches to product systems, with knowledge of SVN being desirable but not essential
- Interactively test new AWARD® and ADVANCE™ functionality, reporting bugs in the fault tracking application (JIRA) and re-testing as needed
- Produce manual test cases for new functionality prior to automating as required
- Document addition of new scripts to automated tests
- Use and keep up to date all documented test processes such that there is a fully documented test strategy
- Attend and contribute to development sprint planning meetings, estimation sessions, and retrospectives
- Prior experience of agile methodology
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- The successful candidate may also be required to undergo SC clearance
Personal characteristics of the successful candidate will include:
- A proactive approach to ensuring tasks assigned are completed to a high standard
- High levels of professionalism and the willingness to engage with internal and external stakeholders
- A passion for supporting others to maximise their own effectiveness and ability to improve their own processes and organisational success
- A desire to learn and grow both in terms of IT and product knowledge, and in terms of our associated Consultancy and Services offerings
- Close collaboration across our business in order to build and maintain bridges between our sales, development and services operations.
- A passion for following emerging technologies and approaches, especially in specific areas of expertise
Overall, we are seeking a candidate who is highly experienced in software testing and working directly alongside and engaging with the development team in a very hands-on role.
A competitive salary, private health insurance, 25 days leave per annum and participation in a company bonus plan are offered. The company offers an excellent benefits package, including access to the full range of benefits provided by our parent company, QinetiQ Ltd. Whilst all staff are expected to focus on providing the highest levels of professionalism and adopt a flexible, can-do attitude, we also have a culture of having fun and place importance on work-life balance.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org