FY19 was a fantastic year for us, and I’d like to take this opportunity to pause for a moment to recap on our successes and to thank our team, customers and partners.
As ever, the Commerce Decisions team has pursued our core aim with energy and passion; to help people around the world benefit from the right procurement decisions being made on important projects. FY19 provides some fantastic examples of this, with a number of key milestones reached:
- Over $500 billion worth of projects have now been evaluated in AWARD®, which means we’ve supported a phenomenal amount of high-impact, high risk, critical projects that are really making a difference to the world we live in. These include the building of new hospitals, schools and major infrastructure, plus the sourcing of crucial defence training and equipment. FY19 saw us win many significant contracts to support complex procurements globally including Canada’s flagship Future Fighter Capability project, Australia’s Rail Projects Victoria and the Pan-Am games in Lima, as well as continuing to support critical UK infrastructure with the likes of TfL, DfT, HS2 and DIO.
- Our consultants delivered a record 2,500 days of high impact, expert support to our clients around the world. Over the years, we have developed our own methodologies to support Structured Criteria Development and to assure the delivery of Real Value for Money – our methods are proven to deliver the best possible outcomes, and are being incorporated into policy by organisations such as the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD).
- Our contract with the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) for the provision of AWARD® was extended until at least 2021. In a fast-changing defence environment, we are delighted to continue to support the MOD with efficient and effective processes for their most complex and high risk projects.
- We launched our ADVANCE™ expert consultancy-led software solution to support bidders in achieving the highest scoring bid. Our growing work with bidders is a great opportunity for us to share the knowledge and experience we’ve developed over the past 15+ years supporting public sector buyers; helping bidders to submit the best possible bids and ensuring the best possible outcome on both sides of the fence.
- We welcomed six new partners to help extend our proposition and reach, and to maximize the impact we can have. These include our partnerships with OMX and Samtaler, which enable us to support, track and report on the delivery of social value. Social value is a growing priority for many organisations who wish to deliver local economic value through their procurements, so it’s fantastic that we are now able to support our customers in this way. If you are interested, you can find more information here
- Of course, we also continued to develop our AWARD® software to ensure that what we do reflects the changing needs of the procurement community. As part of this commitment to our customers, we added the Weighting Workshop and Requirements Tools, along with a range of features to enhance our solution and to make it easier to use, such as Advanced Reporting and ‘Project Assist’. The development team is as busy as ever, working on many exciting new features.
As a team, we are very proud of our achievements in FY19 – we all played our part to achieve the most successful year in our history. There have been so many examples from across our company of fantastic teamwork, incredible customer focus and going above and beyond.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank all our customers for their continued support – we look forward to working with you in the coming year, and for many more to come.