UK based. Travel required to client sites in the UK and internationally.
Commerce Decisions Ltd is seeking to recruit a Senior Consultant with a technical background in software-led consultancy, preferably within Complex Procurement environments, and who is intelligent, highly articulate, and most importantly motivated to develop our capabilities and our business to support growth. The successful candidate will be responsible for defining and supporting new and existing business, reporting to the International Operations and Resource Manager and working closely with the wider Commerce Decisions Services delivery and sales teams. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key part in the next stage of growth for Commerce Decisions Ltd; we are looking for an enthusiastic team player who is comfortable with the opportunities and challenges of complex procurement and looking for the next step within their career. It is expected that the successful candidate will spend a considerable amount of time abroad, including long-term international deployments.
The Senior Consultant will play a role in the Global Services team, as well as engage with the Delivery, Product, Business Development and Marketing teams within Commerce Decisions.
- Attend customer sites to undertake AWARD® configuration and provide training
- Work as the Lead Consultant, where required, and manage engagements with clients ensuring we delivery effective and timely support, as well as value for money to our clients – while controlling and escalating risks appropriately
- Work closely with Sales Team, at all levels, to position, develop and win new business – both organically within existing projects, and as required in developing propositions for new clients and markets.
- Play an active role in the process of quality management and peer review, operating within our policies and guidance.
Some of the specific skills and characteristics we are seeking in the successful candidate include:
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of the AWARD® software and understanding of how best to deploy and use AWARD® to meet the needs of the clients
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of procurement law and best practice around the sourcing and selection of suppliers, and planning and execution of supplier evaluations
- Attend client sites (including occasional international travel) to undertake AWARD® configuration, provide training and support clients in the use of AWARD® during their procurements and provide advice on how clients should be undertaking the sourcing and evaluation of potential suppliers
- Maintain excellent working relationships with clients and lead consultancy engagements ensuring
- We deliver effective and timely support to our clients
- We deliver value for money to our clients
- We control risk and escalate risks where appropriate
- Ensure our peer review and other policies are adhered to at all times.
- Liaise closely with the relevant Sales Account Manager(s) to win and develop business within the project and keep them informed on the status of current work.
- Work with our sales, product support and consulting teams to ensure we are providing a coherent, proactive and flexible service to our clients
- Contribute to the development of the services team by mentoring and developing other staff and by feeding back experience and lessons learned to the team and knowledge base
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of supplier evaluation and the procurement industry
- Have experience of managing client relationships and leading consultancy engagements
- Have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Have strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills and an ability to think logically
- Be able to work calmly under pressure
- Be able to work in an organised manner and be self-motivated
- Have experience of using standard MS Office applications (particularly Word and Excel) and ideally some experience of using macros or VBA to solve problems.
- Have a strong desire to learn about new software applications
- Have a full UK driving licence, and ideally have the use of a private car that can be used for work-related travel
- Be able to secure UK secret clearance
- Be expected to travel extensively internationally and within the UK
Should you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org