Commerce Decisions Ltd provides the specialist procurement software – AWARD® – to clients involved in large and complex procurement programmes. Our solutions and services span the lifecycle of the procurement process from development of a procurement strategy, through specification of the requirement and design of the scoring mechanism, to the evaluation itself and the subsequent analysis and reporting. We have an enviable client base across a wide spectrum of industries internationally, including transport, defence, infrastructure, IT, health and education.
Commerce Decisions Ltd is seeking to recruit a Senior Procurement Consultant with a technical background in software-led consultancy, preferably within Complex Procurement environments, and who is intelligent, highly articulate, and most importantly motivated to develop our capabilities and our business to support growth. The successful candidate will be responsible for defining and supporting new and existing business, reporting to the North America Sector Principal and working closely with the wider Commerce Decisions Services delivery and sales teams. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key part in the next stage of growth for Commerce Decisions Ltd; we are looking for an enthusiastic team player who is comfortable with the opportunities and challenges of complex procurement and looking for the next step within their career.
The Senior Procurement Consultant will play a role in the Global Services team, as well as engage with the Delivery, Product, Business Development and Communications teams within Commerce Decisions.
Commerce Decisions Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the QinetiQ Group. The company offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Whilst all staff are expected to focus on providing the highest levels of professionalism and adopt a flexible, can-do attitude, we also have a culture of having fun and promoting work-life balance. The role will be based in Ottawa and will have a direct line of command to the North America Sector Principal (Canada based), while maintaining strong relationships with the wider Commerce Decisions North America, UK, and APAC teams.
- The Senior Procurement Consultant will attend customer sites to undertake AWARD® configuration and provide training.
- The Senior Procurement Consultant will work as the Lead Consultant, where required, and manage engagements with clients ensuring we delivery effective and timely support, as well as value for money to our clients – while controlling and escalating risks appropriately.
- The Senior Procurement Consultant will work closely with Sales Team, at all levels, to position, develop and win new business – both organically within existing projects, and as required in developing propositions for new clients and markets.
- The Senior Procurement Consultant will play an active role in the process of quality management and peer review, operating within our policies and guidance.
Additional detail on role requirements:
- Develop and maintain an excellent working knowledge of the AWARD® software;
- Work with the consulting and product support teams to develop and maintain an understanding of how best to deploy and use AWARD® to meet the needs of new clients;
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of procurement law and best practices around the sourcing and selection of suppliers, and planning and execution of supplier evaluations ;
- Work with our consulting, product support and wider sales teams to ensure we are providing a coherent, proactive and professional service to clients;
- Attend client sites (including occasional international travel) to undertake AWARD® configuration, provide training and support clients in the use of AWARD® during their procurements and provide advice on how clients should be undertaking the sourcing and evaluation of potential suppliers;
- Maintain excellent working relationships with clients and lead consultancy engagements ensuring:
– We deliver effective and timely support to our clients
– We deliver value for money to our clients
– We control risk and escalate risks where appropriate
– Share industry and academic knowledge and experience with other members of the services team;
– Our peer review and other policies are adhered to always.
- Ability to gain Secret Security Clearance
- NCR Based or within daily commuting distance of Ottawa
- At least 2 Years (within the last 10 Years) developing/performing Bid Evaluation processes on complex procurement projects (e.g. Weapons Platforms valued at $100M+) OR At least 5 Years (within the last 10 Years) developing/performing Program Evaluation process on complex programs
- University Education (Undergraduate Degree)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to gain Top Secret Security Clearance
- At least 5 Years (within the last 10 Years) performing Bid Evaluation processes on Military complex procurement projects (e.g. Weapons Platforms valued at $1BN+)
- Experience of supplier evaluation and the procurement industry
- Understanding of Government/Defence Procurement processes
- Experience Developing/Coordinating:
– Bid Evaluation Criteria and Weighting
– Bid Evaluation Plans
– Bid Evaluation Guides
– Conduct of the bid evaluation
- University Degree (graduate – Masters/PhD)
- Experience of managing client relationships and leading consultancy engagements
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills and an ability to think logically; especially an understanding of probability and statistics
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work in an organised manner and be self-motivated
- Experience of using standard MS Office applications (particularly Word and Excel) and ideally some experience of using macros/VBA or other programming approaches to solve problems
- A strong desire to learn about new software applications
- Ability to manage and control small/medium sized projects
- Ability to manage inter-related project requirements
- A drivers licence, and ideally have the use of a private car that can be used for work related travel
- Ability to travel within Canada and Internationally
Should you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org