Full time permanent
Commerce Decisions has been providing our proven hosted evaluation solution – AWARD® – since 2001. We also provide best practice procurement knowledge and expert services to assist our clients’ strategic projects. To support the growth of our business we are now seeking a motivated, and customer-orientated Technical Analyst to join our team.
The Technical Analyst role provides vital AWARD® software technical expertise to our clients and procurement specialists within our Professional Services business.
Location (Ottawa, ON Canada)
Commerce Decisions operates out of three international hubs located in Ottawa, in the UK near Oxford and in Canberra, Australia. This position is based out of Ottawa, but there may be occasional need to travel within Canada to locations such as Toronto, Vancouver, or Halifax as well as internationally. The position will involve a mix of remote working from home, regular attendance at our Ottawa office and more occasional working on site with our customers and from time-to-time in our international offices.
About the Role
Within a flexible working environment, you will be responsible for delivery and configuration of our AWARD® software products to meet the needs of our clients. You will work with our international consulting team as they engage with our clients to uncover their requirements and provide strategic procurement guidance, using this understanding to provide the best technology configuration. As you learn the technology side of our proposition, you will have the opportunity to work with our clients as you build your consultative capabilities, supported by a strong team.
Primarily, you will be working with Canadian clients during normal EST business hours; however, because you will be working as part of an international consulting team and will be working with colleagues and customers in the UK and elsewhere, a degree of flexibility around working hours will sometimes be required.
We know that not everyone will have all the specific skills and experience we require, so we will provide full training in our software and operations as part of the onboarding process.
Typical responsibilities associated with the role include
- Assisting with the configuration of our software for our client’s project teams and verifying the work of others within our mandatory peer review process which ensures high quality deliverables.
- Remote and onsite work with clients and other consultants in our team to manage the implementation of AWARD®, training users, and providing phone/email assistance for our clients.
- Handling calls and emails from clients, troubleshooting and problem solving remotely, and working with the team, including the Helpdesk team, to resolve issues quickly and to maintain our excellent reputation.
- Supporting our senior consultants with workshops, seminars, courses, and other client facing events.
- Working flexibly to provide effective support to our clients.
- Learning from colleagues and actively taking steps to share what you have learnt with others.
- Taking a genuinely collaborative approach across our business, while remaining able and motivated to work independently as required.
You will support the use of AWARD® software across Canada and internationally through the delivery of technical and analytical support. Working as part of the global Professional Services team, you will need to be passionate about business success, comfortable in client-facing situations, and prepared to ‘get your hands dirty’ as part of our expanding business. We see this role as suitable for someone who is either starting their career or keen to use a predominantly technical role as a steppingstone to a specialist consulting career path. We are dedicated to ensuring you will learn and develop your capabilities within Commerce Decisions as we grow our business.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and characteristics
- You will be IT literate; able to quickly grasp new technology and systems.
- You will have experience with IT in a business context and how it can provide tangible business value.
- You will be able to engage with existing and potential clients face-to-face or by phone/video to provide support for our software.
- You will possess a proficiency in verbal and written communication, ensuring accuracy alongside a succinct, calm, and personable style.
- You are self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to see tasks through to conclusion with minimal supervision – but know when to seek guidance.
- As our client base includes the Canadian Government, it is a mandatory requirement that applicants are eligible to be granted an Enhanced Reliability Government Security Clearance.
- You will need a full driving licence.
- Diploma level qualifications or equivalent experience in Technology or Business-related areas.
- Familiarity with MS Office products, including intermediate to advanced level Excel skills such as INDEX MATCH, VLOOKUP, advanced charting and text manipulation.
- Knowledge of procurement policies and processes.
- Knowledge of project management principles.
- Business analytics education or employment experience.
This is an entry-level role for someone with technical or business skills who wants the opportunity to learn and grow. We are all working mostly from home presently, but once we have the pandemic behind us the main work locations will be a mix of home working, our office location at Hunt Club Road / Prince of Wales Drive and client locations which are mostly within the National Capital Region.
Please email a cover letter with your CV to email@example.com