Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Commerce Decisions (a wholly owned subsidiary of the QinetiQ Group) has been providing our proven hosted evaluation solution – AWARD® – since 2001. We also provide best practice procurement knowledge and expert services to assist our clients’ strategic projects. To support the growth of our business we are now seeking a motivated, and customer-orientated Technical Analyst to join our team.
The Technical Analyst is new role within the UK business, that will provide vital technical expertise to our clients and procurement specialists within our Services business.
You will support the use of AWARD® and ADVANCE™ software across the UK and internationally through the delivery of technical and analytical support. Working as part of the global Services team you will be passionate about business success, comfortable in client-facing situations and prepared to ‘get your hands dirty’ as part of our expanding business. We see this role as suitable for someone who is either starting their career or keen to use a predominantly technical role as a stepping stone to a specialist consulting career path. You will learn and develop your capabilities within Commerce Decisions as we grow our business.
Within a flexible working environment, you will be responsible for delivery and configuration of our software products to meet the needs of our clients. You will work with our senior consultants as they engage the client to uncover their requirements and provide strategic procurement guidance, using this understanding to provide the best technology configuration. As you learn the technology side of our proposition, you will have the opportunity to work with our clients as you build your consultative capabilities, supported by a strong team.
Domestic and occasional international travel will be required as part of the role.
We know that not everyone will have all the specific skills and experience we require, so we will provide full training and development in our software and operations as part of the onboarding process.
Typical responsibilities associated with the role include:
- Assisting with the configuration of our software and verifying the work of others within our mandatory peer review process which ensures high quality deliverables.
- Onsite work with clients, to manage the implementation of AWARD®, training users and providing phone/email assistance for our clients.
- Handling calls and emails from clients, troubleshooting and problem solving remotely, and working with the team, including the Helpdesk team, to resolve issues quickly and to maintain our excellent reputation.
- Supporting our senior consultants with workshops, seminars and other client facing events.
- Working flexibly to provide effective cover for our clients.
- Learning from colleagues and actively taking steps to share what you have learnt with others.
- Taking a genuinely collaborative approach right across our business, while remaining able and motivated to work independently as required.
Skills and Characteristics
The successful candidate will need to possess the following skills and characteristics:
- You will be IT literate; able to quickly grasp new technology and systems.
- You will have experience with information technology in a business context and how it can provide tangible business value.
- You will be able to engage with existing and potential clients face to face or by phone, to provide support for our software.
- You will possess a flair for verbal and written communication, ensuring accuracy alongside a succinct, calm and personable style.
- You are self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to see tasks through to conclusion with minimal supervision – but know when to seek guidance.
- As our client base includes the UK Government, it is a mandatory requirement that applicants are eligible for and achieve UK Government ‘SC’ Clearance.
- You must be a UK Citizen or Resident of the UK for at least 5 years.
- More information is available here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
- You will need a full UK driving licence.
- Diploma level qualifications or equivalent experience in Technology or Business-related areas.
- Familiarity with MS Office products, including intermediate to advanced level Excel skills such as INDEX MATCH, VLOOKUP, advanced charting and text manipulation.
- Knowledge of procurement policies and processes.
- Business analytics education or employment experience
This is an entry-level to mid-level role, for someone with technical or business skills who wants the opportunity to grow. The main working location will be the Commerce Decisions UK office at Milton Park, Abingdon initially, with the option to work from your own home as you gain experience.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com