Duration: 1 day
Location: This one day CPD accredited course can be run either online or face to face. There is no strict limit on attendees, but we recommend no more than 10.
Achieve 6 CPD hours whilst you learn how to deploy consistent best practice methodologies when making supplier selection decisions, as well as how to introduce specific methods and techniques.
This course summarises best practice and methodologies for making supplier selection decisions. It focuses on improving value for money, making robust and defensible decisions and meeting legislative and regulatory requirements during the strategic procurement process. The course covers the entire evaluation and decision-making process and is based on our experience across a wide variety of procurements across the public and commercial sectors.
Who should attend?
- Evaluation managers and project team leaders responsible for managing supplier selection as part of a strategic project
- Project teams actively involved in supplier selection
- Understand key elements and procurement stages
- Understand key factors to consider when designing a procurement
- Learn how to choose an appropriate evaluation strategy
- Know how risk can be reduced using MEAT formulas, Criteria Development or using Tier 2 weight setting
- Know how risk can be reduced with Criteria Development
- Introduction to supplier selection in strategic projects
- Common and best-practice approaches and techniques
- Explore Commerce Decisions step-by- step model for supplier selection
- Preparing the documentation to be issued (RFx, ITT, ITN, PQQ, CBQ, etc.)
- Preparing the evaluation model
- Enabling the evaluation
- Analysis and reporting
- Evaluation strategy and planning
- Understand what makes supplier selection difficult on strategic projects
- Be shown how successful supplier selection depends on early and continuing consideration of the procurement goals
Bespoke training for the UK MOD
Working for the UK MOD? We run a range of bespoke training options for you, which includes a version of this course. Find out more here.
‘Excellent training […] enabled a much better understanding of the process and pitfalls – well done!’
‘Well put together and engaging.’
100% of attendees…
…would recommend the course to a colleague
…felt engaged during the online training
…noted they would be able to apply the knowledge learnt to their day job